Saturday, July 10, 2010

Los Lagos de Covadonga (a.k.a. God’s House)

Los Lagos de Covadonga may be the most magical place I’ve ever been. We took a nice long drive up a mountain in the car, which offered its own beautiful views. However, once we reached the top, it was even better than I can probably describe. At the top of the mountains, there are three lakes, two of which we saw. In the surrounding fields cows lazily graze while tourists and locals wander around taking photos, trying to capture the beauty. Being an adventurous person, I went wandering and found a few little peaks to climb. I was watching out for bulls, because I didn’t want them to think that I wanted their cows; Jesus said they can be very aggressive, very territorial. I think I will remember most the sound of the cowbells ringing constantly as the cattle grazed.



No comments:

Post a Comment